4.30.2008

I Won A Contest And Will Knit Many Socks

I woke up to some cool news this morning: My submission for the Summer of Socks 2008 button design contest won!

The button's tiny, so here's a bigger version so you can see it:


Please use the appropriate button size when posting on your blog, though:


Just make sure you download to your own server so you don't create problems with my bandwidth!

Summer of Socks is the brainchild of Jessica, who blogs at Zarzuela Knits and Crochets. Last summer saw fierce competition, with the "Most Socks" winner cranking out 42 pairs in a 2-month period. I can't even begin to imagine doing that! I decided to join up for this year, but I won't be doing the "Most Socks" contest. No, I've got a dissertation fellowship to complete—which means I have a dissertation to finish (also by September). So I'm in contest just for the fun of it. Who knows... I might win one of the bi-weekly completed-sock lottery drawings... or I might just enjoy the stress-relieving benefits of knitting while I dissertate.

And the winnings? This wasn't about money. I've gotten the obvious esteem boost. The button's being posted all over the place, so there's definite gratification in that. And the fabulous Wendy Johnson of Wendy Knits is sending me one of her patterns sold through The Loopy Ewe along with some yarn to knit it up in. I got to pick the pattern this morning, but I'll wait to blog about that until the package arrives. I can't wait—they will definitely be high on my queue!!!

Time for me to re-focus my knitting. Prepare to see a bunch of sock-related knitting posts!

Sign up to participate in Summer of Socks 2008 here.

If you're on Ravelry, this year's group can be found here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I "know" Jessica from the NJ Fiber Fanatics Yahoo group (I lived in NJ in a prior lifetime! LOL!) so I am doubly thrilled that someone from Seattle won the contest! (I live on Whidbey now.) Woohoo! Go West Coast! I joined up, but no way will I be in the running for most socks! I'll probably be lucky to get one pair done!

heidispins on Ravelry