5.23.2008

Crossed The Finish Line!

The stealth project is done. I twined my last twine, criss-crossed my last criss, around 1am last night. Stayed up later than usual so I could have the pleasure of waking up to a neat, FO this morning!


Pattern: Basic Twined Hat by Lisa Ellis (available via Ravelry or see retailer links here).
Started: May 1, 2008
Completed: May 22, 2008
Materials: Crystal Palace Yarns' Taos in Cochineal colorway. Just 1 skein! (128 yds)
Needles: US 9 / 5.5 mm (16" circ and DPN)

What's not to love? I know it doesn't look fancy from the outside, but this was one heck of a knit, and the thick, lofty, wonderful fabric more than makes up for the extra time spent on every single stitch!

Although I found the Taos frustrating during the knitting, I'm so pleased with the finished results that I'll happily forget those pains.

Since I've blogged about this little hat before, here and here, I don't have much more to say about it now.

It's tough to photograph the colors, so apologies in advance for the image below (the colors in the image at top are accurate). I just had to take one more look at the awesome edge produced by the twined ribbing.


It's a gift for my friend's birthday, which isn't for a couple of weeks yet. She'll never expect a winter hat in June! Hey — that kind of craziness is what knitting friends are for!

C has asked me to make her a hat just like it. On further clarification, she indicated that her primary interest is in the yarn. I'll probably do some kind of variation on this hat for her. Maybe experiment with different possibilities opened up by the twining technique to design my own twined hat.

3 comments:

Tuulia said...

Very pretty! I like the colors and the subtle texture of the fabric :)

soknitpicky said...

It looks pretty and warm :-) That's really cool that you learned a new technique

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Can I put my request in with C's. I'd love to have one of those too!! I know... you already made me a hat, but there's nothing wrong with having more than one. You did an excellent job. One more thing I'll have to do just like you... Aren't little sister's annoying?