2.05.2008

The Assassination of Jesse James Dishcloth


Pattern: eLoomanator's Diagonal Knit Dishcloth (on Ravelry here)
Started: February 2, 2008
Completed: February 5, 2008
Materials: Lion Brand Lion Cotton Solid
Needles: US 6 / 4.0 mm

I started knitting this dishcloth while watching The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. Ford may only have fired one bullet to put the unarmed bandit down, but he then went on a performance tour, re-enacting the event with his brother more than 800 times for public consumption. With all the holes in the middle of this bright red cloth, I thought it a fitting metaphor for the notoriously celebrated murder of the outlaw America loved.

It would have been finished the next day, but I made a mistake in the center panel and had to rip back a few rows. Just didn’t feel like doing it right away. Then I couldn’t quite figure out the fix and it took me awhile to get back on track.



The cloth is done. I’m not 100% thrilled with it because of some gauge issues. It’s important to knit very loosely at the beginning because the center panel is quite loose!

No comments: